Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Quit.

For some unknown reason I recently agreed to put my four year (approx $43,000) education to use by life-guarding at an inner-city beach.

(Note: I didn't take this picture. I don't know these people. I hope they don't see this.)

Don't let the serene picture fool you, devout reader. This place is fifty-one shades of gray.

For context, to keep busy today I played a game called "See how long it takes to spot a tattoo". The longest it took was Two Miss-iss-ipp.
As a challenge, I upped it to "See how long it takes to spot a tattoo of someone's face". Three Miss-iss.

Need more? I asked a toddler where his parents were. "His mom's not here and his dad's in prison 'cause he's a bad boy."
Oh.
By some stroke of genius, I put in my notice and am, at long last, free to move to Chicago and pursue my dream of "making it" in the film industry. I have nearly no understanding or familiarity with the city, am unemployed and don't quite have a place to live. But I'm blogging about it so it's guaranteed to work, right?

I'm applying like crazy the next two weeks and packing up my life in EL. After a pit-stop in Lake Orion in mid-June, I'll head to Chi-town (see I know a nickname at least) where I hope to couch surf for two weeks. The goal?  Officially become a Chicagoian (not completely sure if that's a thing) by July 1st.

If you've made it this far.
1. You are somewhat interested in my life: I'd like to Thank You. I often have mediocre follow-through when it comes to anything requiring follow-through, but I hope I don't let you down.
2. You are a very thorough possible employer who found this on my resume: I actually have great follow-through. And my only weakness is I care too much.
3. You are a detective and I am missing: Hopefully this gives you some sort of trail regarding my whereabouts. Knowing me, it probably isn't helpful. Good Luck.

Feel free to enjoy this musical interlude to make the next part even cheesier.

No matter what brought you here, I'm glad you stayed. Keep reading if you want. Hopefully it will get interesting. I'm about to embark on the most exciting weeks of my life and am thrilled to share it.

Here's a quote, just for you.
"To forget one's porpoise is the commonest form of stupidity. " -Friedrich Nietzsche

1 comment:

  1. Very strong writer... infused with hilarity. Very good, Al!

    Have you made a Couchsurfing account yet? If you need place to stay or work, let me know.

    Better yet..... I'll be in touch ;)

    ReplyDelete